Scooter in China
Living in China? If there is one good tip I can give you – it’ll be get an electrical scooter.
If you are living in one of the big cities in China, you are well familiar with the annoying ‘no taxi‘ problem.
You can sometimes wait outside for a taxi for about 15 – 45 minutes – it can be a nightmare.
The solution is quite simple – get an electrical scooter.
You can find shops all over, but if you really want to make sure it’s a proper brand a not a knock-off, do some reaserch before.
Before you buy – take a few things into consideration:
- Make sure the battery capacity is enough for your needs (how many km you’ll need to go each day?).
- Make sure the bike size fits your needs (do you need to take someone with you?).
- Check if the bike fits into your elevator so you can put it into your apartment or that you have a safe place to put it it.
- If you cannot put it in your apartment – check that you can easily carry the battery for charging.
- Think about getting a box to put on the back – it’s very useful.
- Get a very good chain – so you will be able to tie it to posts and be less afraid of theft.
- If possible – ask if the scooter have an alarm – that is also good for putting your mind at ease when you leave it out.
- The most important thing – make sure you CAN DRIVE before you buy – so you would not put yourself and others at risk – drive safe!
- Oh, and get a rain cover;)